Monday, January 17, 2005

What a difference a day makes

I am always fascinated by the fact that we wake up each day not knowing what it will hold and how it will change our lives. Sure there are the big days... the September 11ths and December 26ths... but there are also those days in individual lives. The day you get in a car wreck. The day you're told that you're sick. The day that you meet the person you're going to marry. The day you find out about the job you were meant for. The day you decide to go where God is guiding you or the day you make that mistake you can't take back.
CS Lewis says, "When the most important things in our life happen, we quite often do not know, at the moment, what is going on." We can only see them in hindsight. That thought makes me want to put more thought and wisdom into my day to day dealings. Live life to the fullest. Live without regrets. Live daily with the knowledge and trust that my life is being held and guided by the Lord over all creation and time and circumstance.
I know this is a little deep for a Monday, but it's been on my mind all day. Some days are just deeper like that.

1 comment:

friend said...

I often wake up, turn on the radio, and anticipate what horrible thing must have just gone on...isn't that horrible. My existential angst and Ecclesiastical bent.