Saturday, February 12, 2005

Mata ne...

Today was a hard day. Today we had to say "mata ne" (see you later) to one of our dear friends, Jared. Maybe something I should explain is that the four of us, Alina, Ian, Jared and I (see blog on February 5), are more than just co-workers, we're like family. We live in the same apartment building (that's just the 4 of us), we work together, and we play together. So today we're feeling a major void in the family.
Jared played a big role in my acclimation to Japan. He was the one who met me at the airport and made it is personal project to see me adapt well to my life here. He was my fellow American, and moreover he was my fellow Southerner. He was my buddy who could truly appreciate KFC meals. We hate to see Jared go, but we know he will be back as soon as he can.
So I'm bummed. Goodbyes suck, especially when they involve hemispheres of distance.

Ann, Jared, Alina

Posted by Hello

No comments: