Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Best Toy Ever

If you've never played with Google Earth, you are missing out. It's this awesome quasi-three dimensional global map computer program that lets you see incredibly detailed true picture maps of nearly anywhere in the world. I'll just post some of my own doodles. :) I don't know how well they'll show up (size-wise), so I think you can click on them if you want a better look.

My old Japanese stomping ground. Mashiko Heights was my apartment building, and Namekawa Cho Gakko was the school I worked at.



Eu deixei meu coração aqui. This is Itu. Please note that when I broke my toe, I had to walk from the "Portal Bus Stop" to the "Gonçalves´ House". Yeah, now you feel my pain!



Aaaaeeee, que triste! :(



This is for my dad and great-aunt and whoever else in the family reads the blog. :)


What a cool toy, huh?!?! It's the strangest thing; I look at those roads and buildings and I honestly feel like I'm at any one of those places again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post is so suitable for your "born to fly" blog...it's like you're flying over all of these places! coooool.

hope you're well ann!

Taylor W said...

Google Earth is tons of fun. They added a new layer yesterday--AIA (American Institute of Architects). I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but the video makes it look really neat.

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7opoq9nP54

Pamela said...

I have google earth on my computer but I rarely play with it. It makes me way too sad. Especially when I'm looking at where I live right now and then it zooms out and flies me over to Itu and zooms in over there. It makes me realize how stinking far away I am! *sigh*

Cris said...

i'm so glad you put these on here! i've been wanting my parents to see google earth for a while. i found our house in brasilia one time and it freaked me right out. i love it. :)

April said...

Hi Ann,
I just thought I would come check out your blog. I have also played with google earth and it is so much fun! I hope all is going well for you!