Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Goals and such

If you want to keep improving, you have to keep setting goals. So as summer is now upon us, I am setting some goals. I may be crazy, but I am motivated enough to want to stick with them to actually post them here in cyberspace.

Hundred pushups

Two hundred situps

Last night I did the initial test of both of these. I was surprised by the results of both- pleasantly by the push-ups and unpleasantly by the sit-ups. 25 push-ups and 34 sit-ups.

My goal is to complete both of these programs by the end of the summer. Seeing as how we're 12 days from the beginning of summer, it seems reasonable.

Wish me luck. Anyone else want to join in?

4 comments:

Rachel O said...

I'm already vowing the 50 pounds in 10 months goal, but I'll likely be doing pushups and sit ups to get there. :)

Evelina said...

You can do 25 pushups?! I'm amazed if I can manage 5. Maybe I'll shoot for 25 -- I have been lifting weights, so maybe I'll be better at them now.

OK Chick said...

Way to go. I can not do push ups. I'm such a wimp. HA! Please keep us updated on this. I love when people set fitness goals.

Unknown said...

I'll join in once I'm not pregnant. I'm pretty sure I'll have some pounds to lose... he he he.