Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm a (board) gamer... sort of

The good thing about friends is that they always end up getting you to do things that you wouldn't normally do.

I am not a board game person. My family was not a board game family so although I've always moderately enjoyed them, they're never my "go to" entertainment activity. But in recent years I have realized that several good friends are board game junkies. So they have broadened my horizons and introduced me to some really cool games.

I have become a fan of the game Ticket to Ride. It's pretty sweet.



And there was a game called Carcassonne, which was harder to pick up, but also fun.


But of course the key ingredient to any game night is great friends. :)




4 comments:

Dwight said...

carcassone is great. I have some friends who have invited me to play ticket to ride and I can't wait to try it.

You know about Setlers of Catan, right?

ann said...

I have heard a lot about Settlers of Catan, but never played it.

Ticket to Ride is really fun! I like the American version more than the European version.

Holly said...

I have never heard of either of these games. I did get beat at a good old fashioned game of Scrabble Friday night. Lance saves his best tiles until the end and always pulls out a killer word. This time I was ahead by three points and I kid you not he spelled the word "genius" to win the game.

OK Chick said...

Dear Friend,
How is your search going? I need to read your other blog. It's saved on my home computer.
Love,
OK Chick