Monday, September 05, 2011

6 months til 30

Beyonce seems to be enjoying 30.
Six months from today I will turn the big 3-0. I would like to think that I'm going to take it with grace and class, but I'm not sure. It's freaking me out a little bit.

Among my peers, it's all the rage to make a 30 in 30 or 30 by 30 list, of things they'd like to do before turning 30 or during their 30th year. Well, I'm never good at setting goals, so I'm not doing that. And I think I can honestly say I'm lucky enough to have done a lot of the things in life that I want to do.

I have a few things I want to do. I want to see an ocean again. I have some fitness goals. There are some relationships I want to affirm or restore. I have some financial goals. There are other things as well, but nothing I'm going to post on the internet or blog about.

I hope that things will be different in 6 months. I hope that I will be different. Not through a list of items to check off, but instead through growing up and growing into myself.

So... six months. Then 30... wish me luck.


Alyson said...

It's weird when I'm the same age as celebrities. I think Brittany Spears is our same age as well. I feel like they're so much older because they've done so much professionally. I started school early, so I'll be turning 29 just this month, so I'll get to watch all my friends hit the big 3-0 before I ever do. I'm not sure if I'm going to do 30 before 30. I never meet my goals and they just hang over my head and make me feel anxious and guilty. Like that Victorian Reading challenge I did? Yeah I'm down ONE book of the 12 I said I'd read. And I started that one *last* year. Sigh.

my wv is "jawdrop" as in, "You're almost 30!? JAWDROP!!"

OK Chick said...

Here's to turning 30! I loved turning 30. Well that's not true. To be honest, it didn't bother me at all. I don't look like I'm 30 and I sure don't act like I'm 30 so it still doesn't bother me. Most people think I'm 25. I feel you are in the same boat as me, which is a good thing. I think? HA!