Thursday, December 01, 2005

Same song, second verse...

Hello all!

Well, we made it to OKC. If you read my dad's comment on my last blog, you saw we got here late (12:15am) and of course I didn't get to go to bed til after 2am. But they were kind yesterday and let me sleep in. So far, so good. I saw my stomach doctor who treated me during my surgery 2 years ago yesterday, and he's already on the ball doing all kinds of tests and such. Thankfully with my central line they don't have to stick me everytime they want blood. Praise God for that! Also, this morning I saw a thyroid doctor who is also doing a bunch of tests to see if my hyper-thyroid is causing all this (although I have my doubts that is true).

Overall I feel well, only sometimes some nausea after eating. I've found that I've become much more anxious than normal. All procedures make me nervous, even though they shouldn't. Really the only pain I'm in now is a perpetually achy right arm because of my central line, but considering where I was a couple of weeks ago that is nothing. My mom's here with me, and I have a great support group here, so really I'm doing ok. I just need to gain weight. I know I've asked for that prayer several times, but I really really need to gain weight. My doctors have taken off my TPN (IV feeding) because it can suppress appetite, so I'm on my own to feed myself now. (Of course they can put it back on easily if I continue to lose weight) My doctors just want me to eat as many calories as possible (nice diet, huh!), so I'm hoping to get some Ted's in here sometime soon. Those of you who know OKC know what I'm talking about. :)

Well that's about it. Hopefully soon I'll post a blog about some of the wonderful people who I've encountered through this journey. I'm telling you-- medical professionals have some of the most wonderful ministry opportunities ever.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. You really keep me going.


Ann's contact info:

Mercy Hospital
4300 W Memorial Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
Room #321

405-486-8321

4 comments:

Leah said...

Ann,
We all love you so much! I will be praying for you to gain weight and get back to normal health ASAP. I am sure Ted's will help mucho--yum yum! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day today and get well soon. What a blessing that you were able to go to OKC where you have wonderful support. Love you!
Leah

EandJTrygg said...

Glad you're back in OKC! Jeanie and I heard that you've got a hankerin' for Ted's. We'll bring you some this weekend. Just give us a day and time that works for you.

--Erik

panajonathan said...

Oi minha querida Ana! Eu te quero visitar no hospital! Meu numero telefonico e (405) 226-1998. Me liga! Nos vemos pronto!

Seu amigo de peito, Jonatas!

EandJTrygg said...

Ann:

We had our annual Christmas dinner tonight and were all thinking about you. Check out tryggblog.blogspot.com for more info. We'll come see you! -- Erik