Friday, December 30, 2005

'sweet marie'

'Sweet Marie' is my life long nickname for Ann. The whole nickname is 'Sweet Marie my Darling'. Ann's long time gal pal Nina heard me call this sevaral times and picked it too. Ann has (we have) had a setback. We spent almost 24 hours in ER on Wednesday 12/27 and Thursday. Cutting through details Ann is stable now and in ICU at Christis St. Michaels Hospital in Texarkana Texas. Rules are no phones and limited visiting times for family. A ct scan will be done tomorrow 12/31 and will determine what if any futher treatment is required. The best news would be that the treatments so far will be enough. That is what we hope for. Ann was able to be home for Christmas and we enjoyed that time. She also reads all comments to her blog and e-mail and a highlight of the day would be if the snail mail had a card or letter. She really needs her spirits lifted now. Ann's address is Ann White, 3210 Westridge Ave., Texarkana Texas 75503. If you would like to e-mail my address so I could print and take to Ann, do it at I will print comments to her blog also. Ann really appreciated the notes but was not able to respond to most or post her blog. She looks forward to the time when she can respond personally. Again I want to thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement.
Stan White


EandJTrygg said...


We're still praying for you! Joyce McBride called yesterday and told us you were back in the hospital. Sorry you had a setback, but we're glad to hear that you're doing better. Hope you can go home soon.

Speaking of hospitals, we’re back in the city after an interesting Christmas in southern Oklahoma. We went to Madill to visit Jeanie’s grandmother and her extended family. Then we traveled to Altus to see Jeanie’s parents.

Jeanie’s mom went to the hospital a few days before we arrived and was diagnosed with pneumonia. She was there through Christmas evening. Earlier in December the Thomas Street Church of Christ (where her parents work, and where we were married) burned down after an electrical fire. Only the family life center survived. My mother-in-law had to work in the smoky conditions as they filed insurance claims, etc., and that aggravated her asthma, eventually causing pneumonia.

Needless to say, it wasn’t the holiday we were expecting, but it turned out OK. Pat is doing fine now and is back home.

--Erik and Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Ann is out of ICU into normal Hospital room. Internal bleeding was the reason for the ER visit and it is under control. She is still NPO but her J tube is being used for nourishment. Most all her labs are coming back close to normal ranges.

Jessica said...

Peter, Denver, Chisato, Marianne, Lacey, Holly, Catera, and I are all on vacation in Thailand now, but we are still praying for you! Especially now! We love you very, very much!

Anonymous said...

Ann, I've finally found your blog! I'm glad to see that your sense of humor is still intact. What a, er ... blessing! (wink,wink) Aaron and Izumi were in Oklahoma this weekend and so I got an update on you. We are praying!

By the way, I'm going for a big interview at the INS office tomorrow. So if I pass the civics test and successfully prove that I can read and write English, (Won't Dr. Lamascus be proud) I might be a US citizen by tomorrow! God BLESS America! Ha Ha

May this be a truly HAPPY New Year for you!

Anonymous said...

Ann is home, doing well. ;-)