Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash Wednesday Prayer

Almighty and everlasting God, you hate nothing you have made and forgive the sins of all who are penitent: Create and make in us new and contrite hearts, that we, worthily lamenting our sins and acknowledging our wickedness, may obtain of you, the God of all mercy, perfect remission and forgiveness; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
Amen.
Common Book of Prayer

---------

I'll be attending this service tonight. If you're in the area and want to come with me, drop a line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when Lent started and then looked at your blog. We're a observing it in the Thompson household. Sorry, can't make the service in OKC!

Amanda said...

Wow, I didn't realize how behind I was on reading your blog (4 articles to be exact). I hope that this lent will really help bring things into focus for you. Hope to see you soon!