Monday, January 21, 2008

Dreaming

There are many, many reasons to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and all those who fought and suffered for the Civil Rights movement today. It's a time to remember how far we've come and how far we have to go.

I also think it's a day to inspire us to be willing to dream God sized dreams. Our preacher challenged us last week to be willing to dream dreams and make plans that are so large, they are destined to fail without the hand of God. So today, I'm dreaming as well.

I have a dream that one day I will look around my church and see the ethnic diversity of the surrounding neighborhoods.

I have a dream that service in the Kingdom of God will not limited by one's gender, age, marital status, bankbook, or family tree.

I have a dream that we as God's people will embrace the power of the Holy Spirit to work powerfully for His glory.

I have a dream that our country will grow to a point where no human being will be classified as "illegal."

I have a dream that a Christian influence in politics will mean standing up for compassion and justice.

I have a dream that God will ignite and inspire in me His vision for my life and His Kingdom.

What are you dreaming of today?

2 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I am so glad we are friends.

Rachel O said...

I like going to a diverse church. However it is mostly white. Sometimes I worry about that because i think it makes others suppress their soulful worship, and it's sad because I love that part.