1. I wrote a list like this three and a half years ago.
2. I am a very different person now than I was then. Several of those things aren't true anymore.
3. I’ve lived on three continents in the past three years.
4. They were each amazing experiences that I wouldn’t trade, but I have no plans or desire to live abroad again.
5. I think I would enjoy living in most southern (US) cities.
6. I don’t know if I could go back to rural living, even though it’s how I grew up and I adored it. Maybe when I’m raising kids.
7. Growing up, I never wanted kids. But now I would like to have children one day.
8. I am an extremely private person. It made me nervous to write #7.
9. I don’t like talking to strangers. If I don’t know you and you tried to strike up conversation in the store, airport or whatever, I would completely ignore you.
10. When I get stressed out, I have strong physical manifestations. Bad dreams, dizziness, restless sleep, poor vision, headaches, stomach aches. Sometimes my physical symptoms tell me I’m stressed out before I even realize it.
11. Things that stress me out include driving in poor weather and having to plan social events.
12. My spiritual gifts include encouragement, discernment, intercessory prayer, and truth telling.
13. I am excited every day to see how the Lord is going to use and grow my spiritual gifts for use in the Kingdom.
14. I really like my hair color. I won’t color or put highlights in it.
15. Losing my hair when I was sick a few years ago absolutely sucked. You'd be surprised how it works over your self-confidence.
16. When I taught English, I would get so nervous before each class that I thought I’d pass out.
17. Teaching Bible makes me more excited and gives me more joy than pretty much anything.
18. My natural inclination is to distrust teachers, especially in church.
19. I’ve been a bridesmaid two times, soon to be three. I love each of those couples like they’re my brothers and sisters.
20. Being a bridesmaid is stressful, and I would never do it for someone I didn’t love.
21. I joined eHarmony last May for 3 months.
22. I met a guy from eHarmony. He was nice, but a libertarian. It never would have worked.
23. I am not joining any kind of dating service again until I’m 30.
24. Last fall, I sent a postcard to postsecret.com. It was chosen and posted on the website. I almost fell off my couch when I saw it.
25. No, I will not tell you what it was. :)
Stay tuned for the next installment...