Saturday, March 22, 2008

Holy Days

Each year I have hopes of truly being mindful and reverent of the Holy Season. Some years I accomplish that to some degree, others I don't. This year was a case of the latter. I have allowed myself to become so entangled with human drama and righteous works that I confess I have lost sight of what this all means.

Last night I was thinking of the blogs I wrote last year for Good Friday, Black Saturday, and Easter Sunday. And I think that despite my neglect of the true meaning of these Holy Days this year, God in His mercy and grace is bringing my soul back in line with His.

Tomorrow will be busy. Our church is expecting 400 visitors, and though this is Kingdom work, I have a feeling I will have the heart of Martha rather than Mary by the end of the day. But God has given me today. He has slowed my pace and is drawing me close.

In the Christian tradition, this is a spiritual roller coaster of a weekend- the pain, the emptiness, the joy. Rather than dwelling on one or looking forward to the next, let us embrace the moment in which God has placed us.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever. -Psalm 118

No comments: