Saturday, April 07, 2007

Why three days?

Good Friday gives way to Black Saturday. As I thought about what I wrote last night, especially the verse I ended with, I couldn't help but think it wasn't really appropriate. I can't imagine the darkness of the day after Christ's death. When all reason for hope seemed to have disappeared, and we're left with hurt and confusion. It wasn't only a night of weeping then waking up to the resolution. There was a day of limbo.

What does that day of emptiness do for us? If God is above time, why couldn't it have been an instantaneous victory? And we have those moments in our own life, after the initial hurt when we're left cold and alone, and the light at the end of the tunnel hasn't appeared.

I have absolutely no explanation or understanding of this, aside from the ways of God being much higher than myself. Still we wait for the third day.

No comments: