Sunday, April 27, 2008

OKC Marathon '08

This year, rather than being a spectator at the OKC Memorial Marathon, 4 of my friends from church and I decided to form a relay team! I have to say that I had the best team in the world, and if you ever want a great activity to do with friends, a marathon relay is it.

In addition to my four sweet friends, I was part of TeamOC, which had over 400 participants in different relay events! It was so awesome to see our shirts wherever I looked!

I could say a lot about how much it meant to me to be there and to set goals and see them achieved. It's incredible. God is so good. I will just say this. As I ran I saw a woman with a shirt that said, "The miracle is not that I will finish; it's that I began." :) Can't add any more than that.

So without further ado, here are pictures!

Our awesome Quail Singles Ministry Relay team! This is the night before at the TeamOC pasta dinner. From right to left, Amy, me, Wes, Harrison and Rebecca. We're in the order of our legs.

Me right after I finished my leg! Woooooooo hoo! This may be one of my favorite pictures of me, ever. It's a good feeling to be proud of yourself!

At the finish area after Amy and I finally found each other! She has been such an inspiration to me!

Our fantastic team after everyone finished. I love these guys, and can't wait to do it again next year! Time to set new goals! Woo hoo! Who wants to run the relay next year?


To view all my marathon pictures, click here.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Congratulations! You look so proud -- and not even all that tired -- after you finished your leg of the race. :)

Anonymous said...

Tri Star Games
Stephenville Texas

Holly said...

Congratulations Ann! I am so proud of you! I wish I could have been there too, but Honduras was alright I guess :). I can't wait to tell you about it.