Saturday, June 07, 2008

Answers, Redux

A little Saturday night blogging with the new questions.

Amanda asks, What exactly is this job that you love so much?

Good question! I thought about whether or not I should put it online, but frankly, I am very googlable. I have an extreme web presence. :) I work at my dear alma mater, Oklahoma Christian University, as the web content coordinator in the marketing department. I also do some technical writing. I work a lot with news stories and keeping the content of our site up to date. If you go to the new, amazing www.oc.edu, I worked a lot on the organization of menus.

Rachel O (one of my fabulous co-workers) asks, what is the scariest thing you have ever done?

I've had a lot of scary things happen to me, but I'm going to guess this means something I've willingly done. Definitely getting on a plane to move to Japan. I'd never been there, was moving to a town where I didn't know anyone, had no idea what to expect... oh man, I don't know if I've ever been as scared as I was when I got on that plane. Talk about a leap of faith.

BONUS QUESTION! Rachel also asks, WHAT QUALITIES DO YOU DESIRE IN A HUSBAND?

LOL! Alrighty, well here is a short but serious list.

  • Involved, Christian leader already active in ministry
  • Someone who encourages me to pursue my spiritual gifts
  • Humble
  • Kind
  • Gentle
  • Shares quite similar viewpoints (theological, political, family roles, etc)
  • Compliments me (not like saying nice things, but accentuating who I am with who he is)
  • Push back. I don't know how succinctly phrase this, but I have a fairly strong personality and opinions, and I have found that I need someone who will push back at this- not argumentative or debating, but challenging me with their own thoughts, perspective, and experience rather than just agreeing with me.)

There ya go. Fascinating, hmm? If you know any good fellas who match this list, drop me a line. :) I promise I'll be back with real content soon.

3 comments:

Rachel O said...

WOO HOO!

hahaha i can't believe you answered me.

Holly said...

I liked your overseas memories and stories! Thanks for sharing (I am kind of behind on blogs).

Amanda said...

The last part reminds me of the time you got rejected from eHarmony. I saw a book for you at Barnes and Noble. Something like: They All Like Girls Named Julie. :)