Sunday, January 30, 2011

Urban Prairie

For a fleeting 48 hours in Oklahoma City, we had a preview of spring. Friday and Saturday were glorious! I hit the door running from work Friday because I wanted to take my camera out to enjoy the golden light of the evening and the 70 degree weather.

While I was out, I was accosted by a soggy Weimaraner with a tennis ball in his mouth, with his owner (an older gentleman) following behind. Sophie was intent on playing with me as I was trying to shoot, despite her master's attempts to distract her. At one point I heard him saying, "Sophie, she's out here trying to get some urban prairie photography, so leave her be!"

I thought that was a pretty good way to describe my photography style in general- urban prairie. And the light was glorious! So here are some pics from that day.


Urban Prairie

Urban Prairie

Urban Prairie

Urban Prairie

Urban Prairie

Urban Prairie

In flight

Urban Prairie

Hope they keep you warm during our upcoming SNOWPOCALYPSE

1 comment:

Angie said...

I like that he was so thorough in his explanation to his dog :) and by the way, I love the photos you take!!