Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Busy Day


Today was incredibly busy. I had somewhere to be virtually every minute. And when there was time when I didn't have somewhere to be, there was something else I needed to be doing. As busy as it was, the best part of the day was putting everything aside for a few minutes and just being with my friends. While passing by my favorite professor's office, I saw he was in so I popped my head in to say hi. He and I proceeded to just chit chat for the next 20 minutes. I had a 100 other things to do, and I know he did, too, but I think we both realized that there aren't going to be many more opportunities like this. I am so blessed to be in a place where my teachers care about me like they do here. Yesterday in our philosophy seminar, the guest lecturer spoke on our life's mission. He focused on the fact that relationships and experiences should be our life's mission, not simply pulling in a paycheck or achieving some kind of status. Today reminded me of that. I hope I never get too caught up in making a living that I forget what it means to really live.
I know I've had several deep posts lately. I'll try to be more superficial again soon, since I know how much you guys loved the ketchup post. :)

No comments: