Monday, July 25, 2005

Bittersweet

This is a letter I sent out to many of my friends today.
-----------

This is difficult to write, but I want to let you know that after much prayer I have left my job with Hitachi City teaching English. It is a very bittersweet decision, but the fact is that I don't have much choice in the matter. My body is making the decision for me. I had a date of Aug. 1 to be back at work by if I was to keep my job, and right now I'm just too weak to do it.
For you in Japan, I'm so sorry. You are what makes this so difficult, because I love my Japanese family and you have blessed my life so richly. I do hope to go back to Japan after I'm well enough to wrap things up better. Forgive me for telling you in such an impersonal manner.
Please keep me in your prayers as I continue to try to recover, and as I start looking towards the future to see where God is leading me next.
Love you all.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm sorry for the loss you must be feeling, but we know God has a plan for you beyond what can be imagined! Prayers for a full recovery are en route.