Friday, July 08, 2005

Book Thoughts

Well my friend Gabe over at Postmodern Christian (who is actually my real life friend, not just a blogger buddy) has tagged me to do this survey on my blog. Since my blog has had nothing interesting nor is there much interesting in my life right now, I'll play along!

1. How many books have I owned?
How many books have I owned? That's a dangerous question, since at different times in my life I have owned almost the whole collections of the Boxcar Children, Sweet Valley High, Babysitter's Club, and Bearenstein Bears. Presently I probably own about 150 books, but I'm not sure because I'm really bad at guessing numbers. And mine aren't catalogued like Gabe's. :)

2. What was the last book you bought?
I bought the TNIV Bible a few months ago. I don't buy a lot of books in Japan, ya know.

3. What was the last book you read? Hmm. I think the last book I read and actually finished was The Good Earth by Pearl Buck.

4. What are FIVE books that have meant a lot to you.
*besides the Bible, which is a given*
  1. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
  2. Leaving Ruin by Jeff Berryman
  3. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  4. Race, Class, and Gender in the United States by Paula Rothenberg
  5. He Still Moves Stones by Max Lucado
5. Tag five people who haven't played yet
Consider yourself tagged if you're a bibliophile.

Hmm, this inspires me to do some reading. I think I'll go pick up East of Eden again.

1 comment:

Peter Rice said...

Indeed I do scowl. Scowl I do. Scowl wo shiteiru.

I actually thought about putting RCG (Race, Class, and Gender) on my list too, though for reasons probably very different from yours, Ann.

Btw, I enjoyed the fact that you made a distinction between "real" friends and "online" friends. I think it's an important distinction to make, especially when talking about our world-renowned blogger AND friend, Gabriel Peterson.

P.S. How are YOU?