Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm Moving On...


There are probably better ways to tell you this, but the blog has documented so much of our relationship that I thought maybe this was the most appropriate.

This is so awkward. For over six years now, if anyone asked me who the special "one" was, I automatically said you. My friends and family know you and how special you were to me. The way I've publicly displayed our relationship makes this even harder.

I know you've seen me flirt with some other men before. I'm sorry, but now I am afraid I'm getting too involved to keep my somewhat exclusive relationship I've had with you. I want to feel free to test the waters and see what else the world holds.

It's terribly cliche to say the old, "it's not you, it's me", thing, so let's just say it's both of us. I think God put you in my life at a certain time for a certain season when you really ministered to me. And, at the risk of sounding crass, you did end up with a good bit of my money. I think we both were blessed by the relationship, but now we've both changed. We're going different directions, and my interests and needs now aren't what they used to be. And you are changing, too.

We've had a good run, haven't we? Memories of our time together will always have a special place in my heart. I know we will always be friends. But I just can't honestly say anymore that you're #1 to me.

Don't take it personally, but I'm changing the name of my blog and removing your link. You never update, anyway.

Who knows, maybe with the next CD you release I'll be ready to re-commit. But for now, when someone asks me who my favorite is, I'm sorry, Chris, but don't be surprised when it's someone new.




Your once biggest fan, now just a fan--

ann

3 comments:

Judith said...

You are so funny Ann! Have a great time in Brazil! You mentioned a return ticket, but not a date. Just wondering if you were sharing that info =)
Love you!

Blakewell said...

Hi Ann,

Best wishes to you as you go to Brazil. We will be thinking of you. Please pray on Blake's behalf. He has his surgery this week.

Wishing you well,
Jim and Margaret Blackwell

EandJTrygg said...

This would have been so much funnier to me if it hadn't reminded me so much of actual conversations I had (before I met Jeanie, of course!) I actually had a girl tell me once that she thought God was testing her, and that by staying with me she was failing that test "and I need to pass right now."

Talk about bad memories! Yeeeesh! --Erik