Friday, August 18, 2006

Brasília-- the wrap up

It was a fun trip, and I´m so so glad I went. I knew in going that I was going to put myself in a major case of self induced culture shock, because I was traveling with all Brazilians, to the capitol of Brazil, to a Brazilian wedding and to see a Brazilian national sporting event. And culture shocked I did get, for about 3 hours on Friday. But even when I was frustrated out of my mind, I knew that in a week I´d look back on it and think it was one of the funnest times ever. Now it´s been a week and I can readily say that yes, it was. :)

Here are some random favorite photos!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ivan, Enidilson and Jorge-- manly men!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Enrique, possibly the cutest kid ever. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This picture kind of freak me out, but I think it´s really cool. Aníbal does really cool stuff without a flash on his camera.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Aníbal took this picture on our late night tour of Brasília with Enidilson and Enrique. From left to right it´s Ivan, Edinilson, Enrique, me, Jandira.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another one of those non-flash photos. I like the colors in this one so much. I knew Aníbal was getting ready to take a picture, but I didn´t know when he took it. Hence the half-posed look. Very cool.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ha, I love this! Another irreverent picture in the Congressional Palace. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love this picture too! Liberdade!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A too-sweet, Janibal special. :) And I took it, thank you very much. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jandira and I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Remember the blog about being late to the airport? This is a picture from that time... look at those faces! hahahahaha... :)

That´s all folks! And as always, there are more great photos (at least I think so) in the album. Yay webshots! Yay advertising! Yay give me free stuff! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool piccies!
Arina

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC pictures... i love hearing and seeing your great adventures, ann! keep 'em coming!

Pamela said...

Ann,
thank you for being a dedicated blogger! Because things have been crazy these past few weeks with being at teh farm and now not having internet at my appartment I haven't read in forever. After chapel today I had some things to do online and I stopped by your blog. I should have gone home and hour ago to eat lunch but instead I am savouring your stories and pictures. I have laughed and cried! I am so thankful to be able to see and hear about what is going on with my/your people. I know you understand that they are so very dear to me. Thank you for keeping me connected! beijos!