Thursday, April 05, 2007

Let me take you down...

I think I was born in the wrong era. That, or perhaps I underestimated the affect of 6 weeks of constant doses of strong narcotics a when I was in the hospital a while back. :)

You see, at work the computer I use only has 1 album ripped to it. I don't know who put it there-- it wasn't me-- but it has had a profound impact upon me. It's the Love album from The Beatles.

I've always been a fan of The Beatles, along with every person of good taste in the world, but growing up my mom was a responsible parent and I was only exposed to the fun and sunny earlier stuff, rather than the psychedelic, groooovy stuff of the later years.

In case you don't know what the Love album is, it came out in 2006 and was produced by Cirque de Soleil. Producers remastered a lot of The Beatles songs and mixed and matched drum riffs, guitar parts, melodies and beats with different songs. I don't know how to explain it well, but Wikipedia sure did a good job, so you can look there.

Anyway, mix the Beatles' later years with the Cirque de Soleil, and you've got a funky CD. And I love it. I walk around singing Strawberry Fields and Lady Madonna and I Am the Walrus and all kinds of songs that surely no sober person could appreciate. I'm not sure what this new taste says about me. Anybody else like the groovy years of the Beatles? Anybody actually NOT like the Beatles? I shouldn't even ask, because I know you guys have good taste. You read my blog, right?

Now, please click on the picture below and crank up Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

No comments: