Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sabbath

I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are very wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: 'Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'
--Augustine of Hippo

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
--Matthew 11:28-29

Oh love that will not let me go, I rest my weary soul in Thee.

I give Thee back the life I owe that in Thine ocean depths its flow may richer, fuller be.

--George Matheson


The world is a wearisome place, and I constantly rejoice in a Savior and family where I am free to be at rest. In His presence and in the presence of our brothers and sisters, we can rest from the judgment of the world, the need to prove our worth, and every other burden the world places on us. Rest for your souls... Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

Cris said...

you have the most impressive clustrmap i have ever seen...i aspire to be as dotted as you one day.sbcal

crittermer said...

Awwwh, that gave me goosebumps (the blog post, not the clustermap!)=)