Monday, December 01, 2008

Ready for Christmas!

I LOVE THE CHRISTMAS SEASON! I'm one of those who believes Christmas is fair game starting November 1st. Christmas movies are fair game post-Thanksgiving. Since yesterday I have been reveling in Christmas music and decorations, and am so pumped for what I'm sure with be truly the most wonderful time of the year! So in honor of open Christmas season, here's a little blog filler for you.

1) EGG NOG OR HOT CHOCOLATE?
Yes please! Hot nog! :)

2) DOES SANTA WRAP PRESENTS OR JUST SIT THEM UNDER THE TREE?
Santa sets presents under the tree, sans wrapping.

3) COLORED LIGHTS ON THE TREE OR WHITE?
Colored!

4) WHO DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE AT CHRISTMAS?
I'm very blessed to see a lot of people I love at Christmas. It'd be great to see them all, but I'm thankful already.

5) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY DISH (EXCLUDING DESSERT)?
This is hard! Probably my aunt Annie's amazing rolls.

6) WHEN DO YOU PUT YOUR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS UP?
Beginning of November is fair game, thankyouverymuch. :)

7) FAVORITE HOLIDAY MEMORY AS A CHILD?
I can't peg just one memory.

8) WHEN AND HOW DID YOU LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT SANTA
I really have no idea.

9) DO YOU OPEN A GIFT ON CHRISTMAS EVE?
The White family has always done things differently since we generally drove at least 6 hours on Christmas to be with family. The immediate family always opens all gifts from each other on Christmas Eve.

10) HOW DO YOU DECORATE YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE?
Colored lights and family ornaments.

11) SNOW....LOVE IT OR HATE IT?
Love it when I don't have to be anywhere and I can just look at it through the window or play in it. Hate hate hate it to drive on.

12) CAN YOU ICE SKATE?
Not well...

13) DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR FAVORITE GIFT?
I remember one year I got a Mickey Mouse watch that played music. That was pretty awesome. :)

14) WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS FOR YOU?
Good tidings of comfort and joy... Meditating on thankfulness and the incarnation.

15) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY DESSERT?
So hard! Sweet potato casserole. If it has marshmallows, it's a dessert. :)

16) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY TRADITION?
Easy! The 24 hour "The Christmas Story" marathon on TV! We have to watch it at least 3 times.

18) WHICH DO YOU PREFER: GIVING OR RECEIVING?
Giving, for sure.

19) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG?
So impossible! "Baby It's Cold Outside" is a current fave for cuteness, "Breath of Heaven" is very powerful, as is "Come, O Come Emmanuel." I absolutely can't choose. I love Christmas music.

20) ONE THING THAT UPSETS YOU AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME?
Thinking about people who spend the holidays alone

21) SOMETHING YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS CHRISTMAS?
Starbucks caramel apple spice, festive feelings of the holidays, seeing people I love, watching Christmas movies and singing Christmas songs

22) FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE?
I love Christmas movies! A Christmas Story, White Christmas, Elf, It's a Wonderful Life... oh the list goes on!!!!

I love me some Christmas!

2 comments:

Rachel O said...

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
I caught one of your horns
And even if it rains here
It's much worse in the north

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
I caught one of your horns
And even if it rains here
It's much worse in the north

And you move like shadows
In the dark
And you glitter and you glimmer
And you bark

Moon's light the feathers
The sleigh this year is heavier
I thought we'd reached Warzava
But we are stuck in Vasa

And Santa here is faster
This house must be the last now
And we follow mister Santa
To the end

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Your formate friend
Humble heavy loaded
And soon it's time again

And you move like shadows
In the dark
And you glitter and you glimmer
And you bark

Moon's light the feathers
The sleigh this year is heavier
I thought we'd reached Warzava
But we are stuck in Vasa

And Santa here is faster
This house must be the last now
And we follow mister Santa
To the end

Moon's light the feathers
The sleigh this year is heavier
I thought we'd reached Warzava
But we are stuck in Vasa

And Santa here is faster
This house must be the last now
And we follow mister Santa
To the end

And we follow mister Santa
To the end
And we follow mister Santa
To the end
And we follow mister Santa
To the end
And we follow mister Santa
To the end

Anonymous said...

Again, quite nice and a good above song too! As for starting Nov 1. See Advent (technically last Saturday sundown) which is technical begining for the historic Christian liturgical year.

Also, for my sake and the sake of alcohol economy, I hope there is a little Irish Creme in your nog so that we might not only remember Saint Patrick the snake-driver or Ireland, the real Turkish Saint Nicholas of Myra and the pre-Christian Germanic wise-wonderworking-hero-warrior-god Odin -- nevermind I'm syncritizing again.

Have a blessed Christ-mass. ;)
Gabe