Monday, December 29, 2008

2008 Sojies

The past two years I've written the "Sojie Awards"- how's that for self-aggrandizement? :) While filling it out this year, though, I realized I didn't like several of the questions, so I'm writing my own year end review using some of the old questions but also throwing in some new ones.

2008 Sojies!

HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR?
The trip to Honduras was such a magnificent and profound blessing. Paris was also perfect. :)

LOW POINT OF THE YEAR?
Ooooh my. Some fractured relationships were very painful this year.

LESSON LEARNED THIS YEAR?
You can't control how people act; you can only control how you react to them.

BEST HOLIDAY?
Hmm... I really am not sure. Fourth of July at IHOP was pretty great, although it had nothing to do with the holiday.

SONG FOR 2008?
"Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham

BEST MOVIE OF 2008?
I almost hate to type this because it makes me feel so... unlike me, but "Fireproof." There- I said it!

BEST BOOK OF 2008?
I didn't read nearly as much this year as I usually do, so this is hard. Honestly, I think the Bible. I read it a lot more and with fresher eyes than I ever have, and it's been life-changing.

BEST TV SHOW OF 2008?
Watch me buck the system and say "This American Life", the RADIO show on NPR hosted by Ira Glass. Truly, very few earthly things bring me greater pleasure than this show. Seriously- go to their favorite episodes page and listen to some of them. I suggest "The Legend of Bobby Dunbar" or "24 Hours at the Golden Apple" (the first one I heard) to get a feel for what TAL is all about. Ooh, or "The Break-up"! I could nerd-lovishly babble forever, so I'll stop.

ANY REGRETS?
Making old mistakes in new ways. Blargh.

BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR?
I know this sounds weird and vague, but there was a very specific moment in Honduras when I knew I had to just let go and let God work.

BIGGEST CHANGE OF THE YEAR?
I went to Europe. I've worked at a real job for over a year. I lost 30 pounds. I think I'm growing up. :)

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR?
Not much planned yet.

WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS FOR NEXT YEAR?
Keep working on my running goals, become more active in my field, re-evaluate ministry involvement and try some new things, become a trophy wife... ;)

Here's to 2009! Health, happiness, and all kinds of good things to you and yours.

3 comments:

OK Chick said...

30lbs! Good for you! 2009 will be a great year.

Anonymous said...

i love this... might steal the concept for my own blog. glad to see your year was awesome... even better things to come in 2009, i'm sure. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Post.