- sweet goodbyes and the wise words of Gandalf-- "I will not say 'Do not weep,' for not all tears are an evil."
- people watching opportunities in the airport-- I saw a Buddhist monk, an orthodox rabbi, an Amish family all in the Sao Paulo airport, and I saw Santa Claus in Washington DC.
- Taco Bell, Dr. Pepper, American sized drinks with ice and free refills, and Three Musketeers
- getting to see my family again
- being able to shop for clothes I understand
- memories and pictures
- the kind emails and notes and calls I've gotten from people thinking of me during the past week
- instant messaging programs
- courage to stand up for what I believe in
- hope for the future
Oh love that will not let me go, I rest my weary soul in Thee.
I give Thee back the life I owe that in Thine ocean depths its flow may richer, fuller be.