I am thankful for--
- the past 5 months here in Brazil. What a gift.
- the support of my friends and family in following my dream, although I am sure it looked truly insane for me to be buying a plane ticket the day I got my feeding tube out.
- the true miracle from God that I came from writing a blog like this a year ago to being where I am now, healthwise.
- every experience I have had here-- both good and bad-- because I have learned so much about myself, people, friendship, and ministry.
- the remarkable capacity for humans to learn a second language.
- my Brazilian family, who have loved me without fail and without question-- Ivan, Jandira, Aníbal, Jéssica, Marúsia, Jorge, Leandro, Vitinho, Joncelei, Kária, Joab, Soraya, Antenor, Phyllis, Renato, Ivonete, Regina, Iara, Seu Zezo, Zezé, João, Ivete, Thiago, Thauana, Felipe, Alessandro, Rafael, Jonathan... and there are many more, I just don´t think I can keep my composure if I continue.
- a confidence in God that goes beyond what my human fears try to tell me... that no matter how confused or hurt I am, God is working His vision for my life.
Oh, the depth of the richest of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor?
Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever!