Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bento Gonçalves-- Vineyards

Aaah, now for the most incriminating blog I may ever post. :)

I have said that Bento Gonçalves is the wine capitol of Brazil, so of COURSE we had to take advantage of the 28 vineyards there. Actually we just visited three. Someday when I return I´d like to spend a week there and try to visit a lot of them. They were so so beautiful-- flowers and grape vines and mountains. And of course, we got to taste a lot of wine. :)

So here are some photos. Lots of photos. :) Enjoy!


Jéssica at the Aurora winery display. This is as close as she got to wine-- she´s only 17. :) Although she didn´t drink of her own will. I am positive no one would have stopped her. In fact, it was quite the opposite! Brazil is very lax about this. :) Oh, and she was our designated photo taker throughout the wineries. :)


You can´t really tell here, but these are HUGE barrels of wine... each was about as tall as me.

This is at the Cordelier Vineyard-- my favorite. At each one we went through a tour of how they make wine. That part was boring, but I´m feigning excitement here. :)


The best part was after the tour, we got to taste a lot of their wine!


Opening champagne with a sword


No comment :)


Jéssica finally gave into the peer pressure. Hahaha... just kidding :)


My beautiful friends


The scenery was beautiful.


This is at the Miolo vineyard. Ivan was pretty excited about the wine. :)


Ha, I was pretty excited about the wine, too! :)

Reflection

-------

Drink wine, it's what remains of the harvest of youth, the season of roses and wine and drunken friends. Be happy for a moment, that moment's your life.
-- Omar Khayyam


-------


I took a ton of photos, which can be found in my webshots album in the link on the right.

-------

I am leaving Brazil a week from today. I´m not going to write about it until after I get back, okay? I just wanted to let you know and petition for prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I'm thinking of you.

Pamela said...

I love the pictures. I haven't been reading your blog recently so I'm sorry. I love you and I am praying for you. Things are going ot be ok! beijos!