Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Inch by inch, row by row

If you can't tell, one of my favorite hobbies is taking pictures of flowers and trees. Going camping gave me a good chance to do some of that, although not a whole lot was in bloom.

Two peas in a pod... or two buds on a stem... whatever. :)

This one's my favorite.


Also, two nights ago OKC had a humongous storm. I've never slept in a war-zone, but I imagine it was as close as I could get to that experience without being there. I woke up about 3am to the loudest thunder I've heard and lightning so bright it lit up my room like daylight. And it went on until 5am!

I woke up and as I was leaving for work the next morning, I realized that a tree had fallen in my back yard! I don't know if it was hit by lightning or fell from the wind, but either way it came a little too close for comfort to my neighbor's car.

Tiiiiiimbeeeeer!


Is this a rotten tree or is this the site of a lightning strike? Horticulturists, please help me!


This split makes me think it was lightning. Poor little redbud!



This may just look like dirt, but it represents my afternoon of hard work! Since the sun actually made an appearance today, I left work an hour early and got busy making a flower bed. This strip was full of weeds as tall as shrubs and a couple of years worth of dead leaves. But now it's ready to be made something nice and beautiful. :) What should I plant? What's the hardest thing to kill? It's on the east side of the house and gets more shade than sun. ~Gonna make this garden grow... all is takes is a rake and hoe...~ :)

2 comments:

Evelina said...

Moss. Or mushrooms. Okay, I have no idea, but I will suggest that you avoid trying to grow anything from seeds. It's late in the season for one thing, and it's also very hard. Find some flowers that have been started already (I wish I'd done that!).

Leah said...

I LOVE the pictures, especially the dandelions. What kind of camera do you have? And did you use the macro setting?