Tuesday, June 15, 2004

100 Things About Ann– Part 1 of 2

1. I write with my right hand, but I do several leftie things, such as wearing my watch on the right hand and batting left handed. I blame this on the fact that my dad is a rightie and my mom is a leftie.
2. When I was 4, I fell into a fountain at the mall while throwing in a coin. I still remember my dad pulling me out by the hair.
3. I have spent 11 weeks of my life in the hospital and 17 weeks in Brazil.
4. My mascots through the years have moved up the flying food chain: honeybee, yellow jacket, hawk, and eagle.
5. I think my greatest fault is that I am semi-obsessed with being right.
6. I think my greatest strength is that I am semi-obsessed with being right. :)
7. I have owned many fish, my favorite being Gil, who was my companion for 2.5 years in college. He was named after the mythic hero Gilgamesh. RIP Gil.
8. I was voted “most dependable” in third grade– a title I hated then but would be proud of now.
9. I don’t think Paul (the apostle) and I would have gotten along.
10. I hate favorite questions. I am pretty sure I don’t have a favorite anything.
11. I think most people who don’t like the Simpsons just don’t get the jokes.
12. Most of my ancestors were Welsh and German.
13. If I could choose to have one language implanted in my brain, it would be Latin.
14. I love OC and wouldn’t trade my time there for anything.
15. I think people who say they have no regrets are stupid or lying.
16. I have dreams about things that stress me out.
17. Virtually no one can draw a conclusive answer to what color my eyes are. On legal documents I say blue.
18. I think that the naming of children deserves more depth and thought than most people give it.
19. The basic three prerequisites I have for a husband are that he’s 1) a Christian, 2) wiser than me, and 3) stronger than me.
20. Cell phones are my nemesis.
21. Foz do Iguassu is the most shockingly beautiful thing I’ve ever seen in nature.
22. The only reality show I’d go on is the Amazing Race, and I’m pretty sure there are only 2 people in the world I could partner with.
23. I am very much a product of the post-modern era.
24. I probably don’t give people enough credit.
25. I want to live in Brazil for at least 5 years.
26. The people who drive me craziest are usually those I love the most.
27. I think the words “hero,” “friend,” “love,” and “hate” are overused.
28. I cry every time I talk about being sick last summer in more than passing.
29. After flying, I stay very vulnerable to motion sickness for about a week.
30. I am extremely introverted, in that I draw energy from being alone.
31. I still sleep with my teddy bear, Teddy, that I’ve had since I was 1 year old.
32. I think I have 12 scars on my body, ranging from 10 inches to 2 cm.
33. I despise the word “shall” and think it should be banned from modern English.
34. I think it’s funny when people try to explain salvation or why God does what He does.
35. In high school, I wrote down what I wore everyday, so I wouldn’t re-wear clothes “too soon.”
36. I think NASA is either a gigantic conspiracy or the biggest waste of money ever.
37. I’ve worn the same lipstick color, Jane’s “Kiss of Caramel” for over 4 years.
38. I have a bad habit of reading more than one book at a time.
39. I already have 2 lullabies picked out for my kids: “Now the Day is Over” and “No Sanctuario” (a Brazilian hymn).
40. I love grammar. Give me a verb conjugation chart and I’m a happy girl.
41. Shots (injections) don’t bother me.
42. My earliest memory is eating spaghetti at the dinner table when I was between 2 and 3.
43. I don’t drink coffee because it’s gross and I don’t like the idea of being addicted to anything. I’m a social drinker in Brazil.
44. God has blessed me more than I could ever deserve or ask for through my friends.
45. I was anti-Harry Potter until I saw the movie.
46. Throughout my life, the following shifts have taken place in my desired profession: mail carrier, florist, band director, geometry teacher, accountant, literature professor, English teacher, Bible professor... now what?
47. Brazilian supermarkets send me into culture shock.
48. Going to Target agitates me because of all the red.
49. I am allergic to bananas, dilaudid (pain medicine), and phenergin (nausea medicine).
50. I don’t make wishes.

Part 2

No comments: