Tuesday, January 27, 2009

If it had to perish twice...

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
-Robert Frost

These words make me think that Mr. Frost and I may have had a few things in common. I am a fiery, passionate woman, but my heart can also run cold with a stony frigidity that frightens me.

These are some photos I took this morning in my neighborhood. It's amazing how living organisms can survive under a blanket of ice.



Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Those pictures are incredible!

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is scary when you have literally felt both fire and ice run through your viens.

Gabe