Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Back at Home

Hello friends!
Well I'm back in Texarkana again. Where did those four weeks go? Our time in Campinas, Itu, and Sao Joao da Boa Vista was wonderful. I had the opportunity to meet many new people and rekindle friendships. I had the opportunity to see many types of churches in Brazil, one fairly new one that has a strong American presence (Campinas), one well established one that has maturity and Brazilian leadership (Itu), and another that is completely self-supporting and growing (Sao Joao).
We had the opportunity to establish friendships with different schools in the different towns through visits at English and public schools, we did physical labor such as passing out flyers and painting church buildings, we sang for the different lectures that were given, and many more things. Ultimately, we simply tried to praise and glorify God in whatever we did. I pray that God will grow the seed inside the peoples' hearts that we came in contact with.
How can I sum up in a simple email how much this trip meant to me? I thought before I left that this would be sort of my farewell trip to Brazil-- one last time to say goodbye. But instead it renewed the fire in my heart that I have for that country and the people there. I don't know what God has in store for me, but I know that Brazil will always hold a part of my heart.
Thank you for your support, whether it was financial, emotional, or spiritual. Thank you for your emails and your prayers. I love each of you so much, and pray that God reflects to you the blessing you've been to me. Always remember to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world.
much love-
ann

No comments: