Friday, September 24, 2004

Acapella Praise Night

Tonight I went to the regional Acapella Praise Night at the Hitachi Church of Christ. It's basically a singing night for all the churches in the area. The Hitachi church is only about 3 blocks from my house, so I trotted down there and got to meet some new people and hook up with old friends. It was so encouraging. At first I couldn't help but notice that there wasn't many people there, but to hear the singing, you would have thought that we had angel choirs. We sang in both Japanese and English, so it was nice to both get the encouragement from singing in my language and to get to practice my Japanese.
I got to meet many more Christians from the area and introduce Peter and Jessica to several members of the Taga church. After it finished Peter decided to stay around and take the late train, so we went with a big group to eat dinner. It was so awesome to have a group of both foreign and Japanese Christians together fellowshipping. Please remember to pray for your brothers and sisters in Christ in Japan. They fight battles that most of us who grew up in Christian dominated areas and Christian families can't even imagine, yet they always keep hope and their lights shine brightly in this oftentimes dark country.

1 comment:

friend said...

Father God bless your children and those you are calling in Japan.