1. One book that changed your life: The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck made me see the true power of words and helped me fall in love with literature.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Leaving Ruin by Jeff Berryman. I don´t even know how many times I´ve read it, but I fall in love with the characters every time.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Fighting the temptation to say something smart alecky like, "how to survive on a desserted island," I will instead say Life of Pi by Yann something or other. Little Pi had some great ideas about how to stay alive.
4. One book that made you laugh: Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy. Holy moly, this book is hilarious. Blake gave it to me for my college graduation and I took it to Brazil to read, and I was laughing out loud with every page. I would read passages outloud (through fits of laughter) to my friend Taylor who appreciated the humor. Seriously, this probably one of the funniest books ever.
5. One book that made you cry: Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkein (I mean the triology in general, but really the last book-- Return of the King-- had me very teary).
6. One book you wish had been written: I have no idea.
7. One book you wish had never been written: Anything that was written by any political hack, either side of the spectrum. Oh, or any book that tries to sell a feel good or a health and wealth theology.
8. One book you’re currently reading: I have a terrible habit of reading more than one book at a time, so let me choose since now I have about 5. I am re-reading A Shepherd Looks at the 23rd Psalm. Old book, but great book. Classic.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Gee, there are lots. I guess if I have to choose one I´ll go with the next Harry Potter.
10. Tag five others: Homey don´t play ´dat. ;) But if you do choose to post it, please leave a comment so I can go check out your answers.
Next installment of the Curitiba series is coming! Please be patient! But in the meantime, here is a video I took at the Botanical Gardens that I forgot to include last time.