Friday, May 14, 2004

My Life as a Series Finale

As proof of my self-absorbedness, I have found myself identifying with and comparing myself to the characters in the two highly publicized series finales, Friends and Frasier. I think that I identify more strongly with Frasier, because although I am much like Rachel of Friends, who is preparing to take a job halfway around the world, I am confident that I would not give it up for a boy, even if he were my lobster. My lobster would have to swim across the Pacific Ocean and come to Japan to be with me. :)
No, instead I relate to Frasier. Although leaving Seattle is hard for him, he knows that he needs to step out and begin a new chapter of his life. Real living is taking the opportunities you're given, not wondering years down the road what might have been. If even a secular TV show can see that, how much more should Christians be ready and willing to use the talents and opportunities that God gives them? "Here am I! Send me!"

No comments: