Monday, March 28, 2005

Must haves/Can't stands

It's a little past 2am and I'm still awake and feel like blogging something. A while back one of my friends posted their eharmony "must haves" and "can't stands" on their blog and I found it interesting, so I went and found my own. So here you go, a little peep into my mind. By the way, these are eharmony's descriptions of the traits, not mine (although I do for the most part agree with them).

Must Haves:

Communicator- I must have someone who is good at talking and listening.

Strong Character- I must have a partner who is honest and strong enough to do the right thing.

Kindness- must have a partner who is gentle and kind.

Patience- I must have someone who can handle life's frustrations or momentary setbacks with a patient, steady, demeanor.

Conflict Resolver- I must have a partner who will work to resolve rather than win arguments or conflicts within our relationship.

Affectionate- I must have someone who is comfortable giving and receiving affection.

Intellect- I must have a partner who is bright and can share my understanding of the world as well as enjoy discussing important issues.

Loyal.- I must have someone I can count on to always support me.

Adaptability- I must have a partner who is able to adapt to life's surprises.

Spirituality- I must have someone with a similar deep commitment to spirituality, who shares my beliefs.

Can't Stands:
Racist- I can't stand someone who believes that any particular ethnic group to which they belong is superior to the rest of humanity.

Hypocrites- I can't stand someone who holds a double standard for their actions and those of other people.

Judgmental- I can't stand someone who finds fault with everyone and everything.

Undependable- I can't stand someone who fails to come through and is unreliable.

Cynicism- I can't stand someone who generally sees the world from a cynical perspective.

Self-Centered- I can't stand someone whose main topic of conversation is himself/herself.

Intolerance- While I understand that religious conviction is a positive trait, I can't stand someone who is self-righteous and feels that their particular faith is the only one that matters.

Mean Spirited- I can't stand someone who has a devious nature and is mean to others.

Childishness- I can't stand someone who is not emotionally mature.

Boorishness- I can't stand someone who is inclined to rowdy, vulgar or disrespectful behavior when "having fun."

PS- Today (well, the 28th) is my 7 month Japan anniversary. :)

No comments: