Sunday, October 24, 2004

My genius idea

Today on the way to church I had a genius idea inspired by the upcoming election. Well, perhaps genius isn't the correct word, but I think it would be fascinating. What would the democracy be like today if every person were given a vote-- that means parents would be able to place votes for their children under the age of 18. I think it would be a very interesting political study to see the results. What do you guys think would happen? Has anyone else had similar thoughts, or am I the only crazy out here? :)


Josh said...

Not sure exactly how feasible that would be, but I do think it would be funny if, in the midst of courting the "Nascar dads" or "soccer moms," we saw Bush or Kerry courting the "pooping toddler" or "pubescent teenager" vote. I wonder what the campaign ads would look like.

blakewell said...

I'm glad you asked. Dubya would win in a landslide. Bush would get 65% of the votes while Kerry would get just 33% of the votes according to the "Weekly Reader." Remember Channel One? 55% victory predicted for Bush from the Hacienda while children's publisher Scholastic predicts a 52% victory.

So there you have it. Of course Gallup dismisses this poll as unscientific but apparently the kids have picked the president correctly since 1954.


Gabe said...

Did you survive the recent earthquake?

friend said...

I think this idea would only cause more controversy. Cause one party would want to get a vote for the living beings in the womb, and the other party would say the atomic slime shouldn't get a vote.