Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A cloud lifted

The past two days I've been taking my thyroid scan up at the local hospital, and while I was there today I got some amazing news. You might remember that I was in the hospital for a few days in August. Me being the sadly uninsured girl that I am, I was worried about the expense. Well I found out today that I received a hospital grant that covered my hefty bill and will probably cover whatever else I have to have done at this hospital. It is such a weight off my shoulders! I am so grateful to God and to Cristus St. Michael hospital for this! I just about started crying when I found out, because I was struck by the thought of the parable of the debtor who has been forgiven much, and I was forgiven a lot. I think rarely do people first hand feel that grace and mercy shown on them. I hope my heart stays tender from this and I never forget the help shown me.

I'll let you know when we know anything from the scan. Not sure when that'll be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann, that's great news. =)

Mark and Kelly said...

So is this a good time to remind you of all that money I owe you?:) Just kidding.I'm so happy to hear you're making thyroid progress. I'm sure you've done lots of research on it...it's probably good to actually have a term to type into Google. Odaijini (sp?), friend!
Kelly

Jessica Graumann said...

Omedetou gozaimasu! Praise God! This is such a blessing and I thank God so much.
Have I told you lately that I love you!
Your sister in Christ,
Jessica

crittermer said...

Awesome story, Ann. I'll be praying about the scan results.=)