Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yippie!!!

Since it's been way too long since you've heard about my gastrointestinal system, I have an update! :) Today I went for my first checkup in three months and Dr. Z is very happy with my progress and bloodwork and appearance and everything! He has given me an all clear to enter back into a fully functional, normal life! PRAISE GOD!

And as positively wonderful as that is, the most exciting part of the day is that I got my feeding tube out today!!! Lots of exclamation points!!!! I hope you've never had to have one, but hopefully you can appreciate that it is a GREAT relief to have it removed. The feeding tube is a wonderful tool and served it's purpose very well for me, but it was time for us to part ways. After having a nearly literal "thorn in the side" for 5 months, it is pure joy to be done with it! As soon as I sat up from the table after it was removed, I could tell the pain and soreness that were practically immediatley gone. Please pray that I will never have to have one again, as I will pray that you never experience it, either.

The one not as good note, from the day was that my doctor wants me to have a test done tomorrow to be sure everything is okay. The ONE GI test that I have never had done, and hoped to not experience til I was 50. I'll let you figure it out. Wish me luck!

And thank you all so much for your prayers and encouragement through all of this. Just as pain shared is lessened, joy shared is magnified!

9 comments:

Evelina said...

Congratulations! And best of luck with the not-so-fun test. I imagine, as with many things, it sounds much worse than it actually is.

Leah said...

Oh no! If it is what I think it may be, I have had two. The test isn't so bad, but the prep is no fun. I can't wait until they come up with a better way to do it.

crittermer said...

That is wonderful news, especially about the feeding tube!!!! I'm so glad that you've been granted a "normal life" now, which is a true miracle that those of us who saw you a few months ago can attest to.=) Definitely lots of magnified rejoicing for a healthy, happy Ann!!!!!!=)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!!! Three exclamation points wonderful!!! Well, not the test tomorrow part of it, but like Alissa said, it probably won't be as bad as the alien invasion movies....I'll stop now before I say anything more apalling... And just to reiterate, three exclamation points!!!

Karen said...

That's awesome Ann! It's so good to hear of your great progress.

friend said...

Yea God..and yea Ann.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope the test went well. Let us know!

Anonymous said...

It's always so good to spend time with you. Safe trip and all that back to Texas.

Summer said...

Yes! Praise indeed. That is wonderful news Ann! Sorry I've not been by your blog in a while - this is a great reminder to check in! I love you and I am so happy to hear this great news!