Sunday, November 26, 2006

What's up with me

Hey people! Still reading? Good for you!

Well here's what's up with me. Thanksgiving was great. I ate some of the best food of my life and got to see my crazy, yet much beloved, family. As perfect a holiday as I could ever imagine.

What else... well I've been scrapbooking. Scrapbooking is probably the leading cause of insanity in crafters. Wow, I can't wait to be done (and I think I'll finish tomorrow). In the future I'll show off some of my pages...

One interesting thing I've had the opportunity to do since I've been back is doing Bible studies at the Juvenile Detention Center. It has been so incredible. I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed a Bible study more. I've worked with the same 5 girls the past two weeks. The oldest is probably 16, and the lives these girls have had... man. I know this makes me sound old (and I am, I know), but these are just kids! They shouldn't have to have dealt with the situations they've been in at such young ages. Anyway, this isn't to bemoan society or whatever. I loved the studies because the girls are so honest. None of the churchy façade that so many people put up. They talk about how faith is hard, and being good is hard, and they have such hope for their futures. I love it. Pray for these girls, please.

Readjustment is alright. Some times are better than others. A lot of times I'll remember some joke or quote or thing that happened and laugh to myself, because I know no one else would understand it or even if I explained it, think it's funny. And sometimes I want to talk in Portuguese and I find it rather hard to comprehend that no one here understands what I'm saying, even when I say something simple. I've gone nuts. :) And sometimes I'll think of someone I miss or something I miss and just let out a sad moan or a big sigh. But really it's not as hard as I expected. Then again, I'm only a week and a half into re-entry. :)

I'm off to OKC this week. If you're there, leave a message and vamos combinar fazer alguma coisa... sorry, I mean let's plan to do something. ;) haha...

4 comments:

Evelina said...

I would love to see you. I have to work Wednesday until 1:30, but after that just name the time and place.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that you're doing well. and yes... share the scrapbook pages when finished. i'm a fellow scrapbooker/stamper/crafty person and i love seeing people's pages. keep up all the good work that you do...

Evelina said...

I hope your travel wasn't interrupted by the weather! Stay safe out there!

Pamela said...

Ok, I totally want to know more abou tyour studies at the juvenile detention centre. That sounds so very interesting to me. Wanna come milk som epenguins??? THere's a quote for you to ponder and remember:) It's so cold here not even penguins would venture out of doors! Miss you and love you!