Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

I was very blessed and happy to spend the past few days reuniting with my dear friend Meredith (aka Meriadoc) and her wonderful family (PH, JettyBetty, Aug and Ed) in the metropolis of DFW. Mer and I haven't gotten to hang out face to face since our trip to Honduras in summer of 2004! I was so excited that I was grinning the whole drive down there Saturday! It was a great time of catching up and laughing and ringing in the new year! I love those guys! Thank you so much for your hospitality!!!



Despite all the joy of the weekend, today I got some hard news. My dear friends Adrienne and Whit had a baby boy on the 31st, Benjamin Kent. But he was born with some unanticipated birth defects. I don't know too many details and so I don't want to share in case they're not completely accurate, but he can't breathe on his own and isn't doing well. Please please please pray. Whit and Adrienne are some of the kindest, strongest, most loving people I know. Pray for little Ben's body to have the strength it needs and the ability to rest peacefully. Be with Adrienne and Whit and all the family to have the strength and wisdom to know what to do next.



me and Adrienne (and baby Ben) at her baby shower in December

2 comments:

JAPierce said...

I am glad you are having fun reconnecting with friends. I hope you had a great Christmas. We will be praying for Adrienne and Whit. Let us know when you are in town again.

jettybetty said...

We loved having you here! Please come again soon!