Friday, December 21, 2007

Timely Perspective

Recently as I was talking with a friend, I was bemoaning some of the things I feel like God has put on my heart to do. They shared some good perspective, and since it is the appropriate season, I thought I'd pass it along:

Sojo-- I feel like God's putting too much on my plate right now. I'm feeling overwhelmed.
Friend-- Hmm. Are you expecting?
Sojo-- :::pause::: Expecting what?
Friend-- Are you expecting?
Sojo-- Expecting? Expecting... a baby?!?!
Friend-- Yes.
Sojo-- :::shocked silence and incredulous look::: WHAT?!? NO!
Friend-- Then maybe God's not putting too much in front of you after all. :::smile:::

Yes, perspective is everything. I've never been left so speechless and tickled. :)

In related news, last night I read one of the most comforting single womandom thoughts. The book noted that all of the women in the genealogy of Jesus were single when they acted in the bravery and faith that they are known for. Rock on!

1 comment:

Holly said...

What book are you referring to?