Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wisdom of Madea

One of my friends has gotten me into the Tyler Perry films and plays in the past few months, and I am more or less hooked. Yes, I am so multi-cultural. :)

Sometimes it's slap-stick comedy, but the stories are laced with homespun, tried and true wisdom and common sense that is so often lacking in the world.

My absolute favorite is the play "Madea Goes to Jail," followed closely by "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" (the movie), "Family Reunion" (the movie), and "Why Did I Get Married?" (the movie). All of these are available at your local movie rental place.

Below is my all-time favorite Madea soliloquy, from "Madea Goes to Jail". It is fantastic. Lately I have been watching this scene on repeat and can't help but throw in Amens and Hallelujahs as Madea talks.

It's about a 10 minute clip, and the first half is the real meat, the second half is a hilarious old school R&B montage. I'll rate it PG-13 for mild language.



Anybody out there also find wisdom from unexpected places?

1 comment:

Kari said...

Malcom in the Middle.

Very unexpected.