Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Honduras 2008

Last week I had the great privilege of serving with the Predisan Mission in Olancho, Honduras. I've been to Honduras once before, but never to this area and not with this organization. For years I've heard about the amazing work Predisan does to serve remote villages with health care, and now I know why everyone who works with this mission is touched by it.

A little background on our trip. I went with a group of 27, mostly from Quail Springs Church. We had a medical brigade of about 8, and the rest of us were work crews. The medical team saw 340 patients in the 4.5 days we were there, and our work teams helped install 12 latrines, paint several buildings, and entertain at local schools in local villages.

There are no words to describe the blessing this trip was. I feel as though God used it to shower me with mercy and joy and rekindle the passion for the world and different cultures that is so deep within me. To see the love and peace of God through the lives, hearts, and kindness of the Hondurans we worked with was incredible.

If you have a heart for medical missions, I encourage you to check into Predisan. They are changing lives for the glory of God.

Now, some pictures. :)

This is what a lot of our work looked like- mixing and hauling cement. We worked alongside the Hondurans whose homes we were working on.

Some of my work team. It was a bonding experience.

Gorgeous, isn't it?

I got really dirty. On this day we were moving cinder blocks.

We spent one day in the schools. The children were precious.

I was taking a picture of a flower when this butterfly landed. God is good. :)

Honduran mountain traffic jam.

These are the children who live in one of the homes we worked on. Too precious.

Medical team hard at work.

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

To see more of my pictures, click here.


Crossing the River from Ann W on Vimeo.

Cow crossing from Ann W on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I am so glad you got to do this--I love Honduras, and the people there are beautiful.

Wesley Fryer said...

Ann: This sounds and looks like it was an amazing trip and certainly one which had a big impact on you as well as those with whom you worked in Honduras. Thanks so much for sharing and continuing to share thoughts and lessons from your experiences.

I think the type of documentation which you've done here with photos and video of mission trips is fantastic and something we need more of in the Christian mission field. I'm inspired by your journey and work.