Thursday, July 02, 2009

My trip to Prague... Oklahoma

For the past 10 years as I drive between Oklahoma City and Texas, one sign has teased... nay, beckoned me.

On I-40, at Exit 200, there is The Shrine to the Infant Jesus at Prague.

The signs face both eastbound and westbound, and say nothing but the title, and "The more you honor me, the more I will bless you."

Every single time I pass by, I want to stop, but never have. But last week, my friends, oh I stopped. But little did I know what a charming town awaited me in Prague!

First of all, I should clarify this is Prague, Oklahoma, and pronounced "Pray-ge", not like the European city. But truly pictures tell 1000 words, so here you go- Polaroid style.

This first pic sums up Prague. Trains, Czechoslovakia, and Jim Thorpe. "A small town with a large heart"- and I believe it!


KOLACHE FESTIVAL! Some day I hope to attend this. Maybe next year!


This is truly one of the most charming church signs I have ever seen. I can't put my finger on why, but I really loved it.


And lest you think they don't know how to have a good time in Prague...



And the main attraction! The Shrine to the Infant Jesus at Prague. See video below for more detail.


Thanks, Prague. I really did enjoy my short stay. I hope to go back to visit.


2 comments:

Rachel O said...

that is it???? i thought there would be a whole museum or something more, shrine like.

i've been to prague quite a few times for old work-related junk, but i never stopped to see the shrine. or rather the weird boring statue.

heather. said...

it's a good church sign because it's not this one which i recently saw:

"hot and bothered?

turn on your prayer conditioner."


...seriously?