Friday, October 08, 2010

How my mind works

This morning as I was curling my hair, I thought of my friend who is currently on her honeymoon- a 10 day Mediterranean cruise. Sickening, I know.

Then I thought of long honeymoons, which made me think of lua de mel, the Portuguese for honeymoon.

That reminded me of Latin, which made me think of the origins of honeymoons. Once I think I heard that the longest a honeymoon could be in ancient times was like 9 months. Then I thought that made sense if you were allowing a soldier time to conceive a child.

Then I thought about the word conceive. Then I thought of the word misconception.

How interesting. A mis-conception. Something ill-bourne, then growing. Interesting! So when I have a misconception, I have a serious problem that needs to be addressed before it grows.

Back to curling the hair.

1 comment:

OK Chick said...

I do this all the time! I was telling someone a story, and it took me 10 minutes to tell the story, because first I had to tell them what brought on the story.