Monday, March 26, 2012

The actual next chapter


After four and a half good years at Oklahoma Christian University, I was offered a job at the University of Oklahoma and I accepted it. 

This is bittersweet in the way these things are. I never could have imagined what my co-workers at OC would come to mean to me; they have been my family in Oklahoma City. I was given the chance to grow a successful career in social media and web communication, with freedom and encouragement I wouldn't have received many places.

I'm so excited! This is a change I need both in my personal and professional life. If you are associated with OC, I want to reassure you that I have never been more hopeful about the future of OC. The timing is unfortunate that I will leave right when John deSteiguer starts his presidency. I admire him as a leader and friend, and assure you that I truly believe- even without my PR hat on- that the best days of OC are ahead.

Thank you for all the support you've been to me over the years. I am more hopeful about my future than I've been in a long time. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I hope that you find the home you are looking for.

Shyla said...

Congrats! Very thrilling!