Friday, May 09, 2008

Trajectory

For a person who made her only C in physics, I think a lot about trajectory.

Trajectory is fantastic. It's predictable! It lets you see where an object has been, then take its current direction and speed to tell you where it's going to end up.

It's true for inanimate objects, but it's also true for lives.

I think that through honest self-examination and the power of the Spirit, it is possible to determine your life trajectory.

The past few days I have tried to do some serious soul searching as to where I've been, where I am, and where I'm headed. In some areas, I'm so thrilled and praise God for the victories he's given. In other areas, I'm shocked at how far off base I've gotten and how I don't seem to be doing anything to change that direction.

Self-assessment is not for the faint of heart. It takes intestinal fortitude, an honest eye for the good and bad, and conviction that the Spirit of God can do anything and is truly the author of all good things. But, if we're ever going to live the lives we were called to live, then it's necessary. Thank God for the vision of trajectory.

Thank you, Father, for opening our eyes to see who we are and where we're headed. You are greater than any other force that tries to determine our trajectory, and we praise you for healing broken roads and directing our paths.

No comments: