Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

When you realize you're helplessly watching a nightmare unfold, what can you do?

For those reading outside Oklahoma, I just moved from 5 miles from the storm path to about 20 miles south.

It's a fine line between the paradox of deep gratitude  and the heart wrenching loss your neighbors are suffering. I'm so grateful, but so many people are beginning their worst nightmare.

On Monday, the song "Tomorrow will be kinder"  kept going through my mind. More deeply, I kept thinking that tomorrow might not be brighter. In these situations, the fallout can be so much worse as reality sinks in.

People are resilient, but people are also fragile. Yes, Oklahoma will recover. But first we need to accept the grief.

Thanks to everyone who checked in on me and all the people around the nation who have donated to support the area. I'm trying to figure out how to help while not being in the way. Right now it's about donations and finding your niche where you can help. I'm going to see if I can get involved in trying to help lost pets find their owners. I could handle losing my stuff, but if I lost my pets on top of it, I'd lose it. www.okclostpets.com

It's time to grieve and help.


No comments: