Wednesday, April 13, 2005

"I'm not dead yet!!!...

...I'm getting better!"

Ah yes, there's always a Monty Python quote appropriate for the moment. Just wanted to update you on how school is going. Today was my first day to teach, and I think actually meeting individual students helped make things a lot better. I got to see that they really are cute and sweet and potentially lovable. So today was the first day in a week that I'm not rapt with the idea of quitting my job and leaving this crazy country. So that's an improvement, huh? I believe that the prayers and support of the wonderful people in my life have made all the difference, so I thank you. I will continue to try my best. These kids deserve it.

Hopefully soon I'll be posting more sakura pictures. It has been nasty cold and rainy for the past few days, which has made hanami (flower watching) difficult. But tomorrow the weather should turn for the better, and you can bet I'll be out there with camera in hand!

No comments: